Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Important Public Hearing to end Forced Unionism in Maine
04-24-2015, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 12:03 PM by Moving Forward.)
Thumbs Up Important Public Hearing to end Forced Unionism in Maine
Since 82% of Americans are opposed to Forced Unionism as we have here in Maine, there's a new opportunity to make a positive change in that area...
but we need people to testify in support of the following Right-to-Work Bills.

PUBLIC HEARING TO END FORCED UNIONISM IN MAINE
Monday, May 4th, 2015, 9:30 AM Start
Labor & Commerce Committee - Cross State Office Building, Room 208
111 Sewall Street, Augusta

LEGISLATION TO SUPPORT AT THIS HEARING:

LD 404 “An Act To Prohibit Public Employers from Acting as Collection Agents for Labor Unions”
Sponsored by Rep. Lockman of Amherst
SUMMARY: Current law allows a public employer to deduct service fees owed by an employee to a collective bargaining agent pursuant to a lawful collective bargaining agreement. This bill prohibits a public employer from collecting those fees or collecting member dues.
FMI: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bi...7&PID=1456

LD 489 “An Act To Ensure the Right To Work without Payment of Dues or Fees to a Labor Union as a Condition of Employment”
Sponsored by Rep. Lockman of Amherst
SUMMARY: This bill prohibits a person, including a public employee, an employee of the University of Maine System, the Maine Maritime Academy or the Maine Community College System and an employee of the judicial branch, from being required to join a labor organization or pay any labor organization dues or fees as a condition of employment or continuation of employment, notwithstanding any state law to the contrary. A violation is a Class D crime and is also subject to civil damages and injunctive relief. The Attorney General is responsible for enforcement and is required to prosecute all violations.

LD 1010 “An Act To Afford Public Employers Flexibility To Achieve Efficiency and Quality in Management”
Sponsored by Sen. Cushing of Penobscot
SUMMARY: This bill provides that the use of private contractors by a public employer to perform services for the public employer is not subject to negotiation in collective bargaining.FMI: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bi...7&PID=1456

LD 1319 “An Act To Ensure That Wages and Benefits of Maine State Employees Serve a Public Purpose”
Sponsored by Rep. Ward of Dedham
SUMMARY: This bill prohibits a public employer from compensating an employee covered under public sector collective bargaining laws for participating in an activity involving the employee's collective bargaining agent, except through regularly accrued vacation or compensatory time.

LD 1351 “An Act To Ensure that Membership of Public Employees in Unions is Voluntary”
Sponsored by Rep. Stetkis of Canaan
SUMMARY: This bill amends the State's labor laws to ensure that each public sector union represents only those public employees who voluntarily are members of that union. This bill also requires a public employee union annually to determine or certify the bargaining agent for that union.

LD 1353 “An Act To Prohibit Mandatory Membership in a Union or Payment of Agency Fees as a Condition of Employment”
Sponsored by Sen. Cushing of Penobscot
SUMMARY: This bill prohibits a person from being required to join a labor organization or pay any labor organization dues or fees as a condition of employment or continuation of employment, notwithstanding any state law to the contrary. A violation is a Class D crime and is also subject to civil damages and injunctive relief. The Attorney General is responsible for enforcement and is required to prosecute all violations.

Questions? Contact the local volunteers at MaineRTW@yahoo.com

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2015, 06:49 AM
RE: Important Public Hearing to end Forced Unionism in Maine
Thank you for letting us know about this, Moving Forward, this would be a great step. Get ready for some mud slinging, I guess.
04-25-2015, 07:31 AM
(04-24-2015 06:49 AM)Three Pipe Problem Wrote:  Thank you for letting us know about this, Moving Forward, this would be a great step. Get ready for some mud slinging, I guess.

TPP, is there any chance that you're willing and able to testify at this hearing? As you probably know, a lot of people are intimidated by the union thugs and won't testify at a public hearing... no matter how much it could help them. As for the "mud slinging" potential, I have a feeling the union officials will be using rocks not mud... however we have the truth and facts on our side.

-----------
Support the Right.
04-25-2015, 07:36 AM
Moving Forward, I'm involved in a project that I and others are afraid will be compromised if we get too uppity politically. So I'm already dealing with this issue on a different front.

The economic results of having versus not having Right to Work Laws are extremely clear, unfortunately the people that need to see that evidence generally aren't open to it.
06-13-2015, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2015 07:24 AM by Moving Forward.)
The progressives have just won another battle
How did your House Rep vote on this important issue?
Does your local legislator want to maintain the use of Forced Unionism here in Maine, despite the fact that 82% of Americans are opposed to it? Since the important vote for LD 489 just happened yesterday, you should see the results of that roll-call vote at http://www.mainelegislature.org/LawMaker...number=229
and please remember that every legislator who voted “Y” in this case has voted to support Forced Unionism which is a major funding source for the progressive’s Far-Left political machine in Maine… so the progressives just got richer at the expense of most hard working Mainers!
Hmmmmm, I wonder how many RINO's voted with the progressives on this one...

-----------
Support the Right.
06-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Mine voted in favor of RTW
06-13-2015, 09:16 AM
(06-13-2015 08:45 AM)Islander Wrote:  Mine voted in favor of RTW

My so-called Republican Rep joined with the progressives to keep Forced Unionism alive in Maine. In fact, RE: Roll-call vote on LD 489: "An Act To Ensure the Right To Work without Payment of Dues or Fees to a Labor Union as a Condition of Employment", here's the RINO List from this important House vote on 6/12/15:

REP. WOOD of Greene
Stephen J. Wood Stephen.Wood@legislature.maine.gov (207) 740-3723 & (800) 423-2900

REP. SHERMAN of Hodgdon
Roger Sherman Rsherm@legislature.maine.gov (207) 532-7073 & (207) 532-8711

REP. POULIOT of Augusta
Matthew Pouliot Matt.Pouliot@legislature.maine.gov (207) 441-9418 & (800) 423-2900

REP. PIERCE of Dresden
Jeffrey K. Pierce Jeff.Pierce@legislature.maine.gov (207) 737-9051 & (207) 441-3006

REP. PICKETT of Dixfield
Richard A. Pickett Richard.Pickett@legislature.maine.gov (207) 645-4893 & (800) 423-2900

REP. PICCHIOTTI of Fairfield
John Picchiotti John.Picchiotti@legislature.maine.gov (207) 453-2137 & (207) 692-7226

REP. HIGGINS of Dover-Foxcroft
Norman E. Higgins Norman.Higgins@legislature.maine.gov (207) 564-8214 & (800) 423-2900

REP. HANLEY of Pittston
Jeffery P. Hanley Jeff.Hanley@legislature.maine.gov (207) 582-1524 & (207) 248-2169

REP. CAMPBELL of Orrington
Richard H. Campbell Richard.Campbell@legislature.maine.gov (207) 745-7748 & (207) 745-7748

REP. BATTLE of South Portland
Kevin Battle Kevin.Battle@legislature.maine.gov (207) 831-6962 & (800) 423-2900

Roll-call vote source: http://www.mainelegislature.org/LawMaker...number=229

IMO, all of the above RINOs need to be replace at the next possible re-election.

-----------
Support the Right.
06-14-2015, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015 06:58 AM by Islander.)
I am not surprised by Hanley's vote, his son was big on unions and I doubt the apple falls far from the tree. Maybe instead of the Whoopie Pie, they should have focused on RTW. It will be a long , long , long time before conservatives have the majority, although I remember McKane saying how much fun the making the Whoopie pie the state dessert was....
06-15-2015, 08:58 PM
As I watch America devolving into a corporate fascist one world state, with the IMF WTO and TPP calling the shots, I'd have to say that I'm beginning to miss unions or collective bargaining. Now I know that these unions can be as corrupt as our leaders and not have the workers best interests in mind, but I'm beginning to think of them as a third party or interest.

The idea that those in DC are going to be concerned about the working class left the barn during the Clinton administration, the entire nation has been taken over by bankers, too big to fail, corporations, Monsanto, trade agreements that no one can read, obamacare, a power grab by the insurance companies and regulators and a complete killing of our savings and retirement plans.

At some point we had a republic that devolved into a mindless democracy with a propaganda machine that calls itself a free press.

Now anyone is against being forced into being part of a union, but I'd say I'd like the opportunity to be part of collective bargaining considering the wholesale RAPE that this country has endured beginning with at least "all depends what the meaning of is is" . Or the bailout of those too big to fail, when Paulsen picked a really big number, which considering the deficit now, wasn't nearly big enough. : )
09-20-2017, 12:46 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/09/20/r...ampaign=nl